All new parts, no used housings or internal parts. Ready to drop into your axle. Third members feature top quality ring & pinion gears and lockers. V6 units feature larger OEM style V6 gear sets with longer pinion gear. Each unit is setup with solid pinion spacers for long gear life. Triple drilled flanges included covers common driveshaft patterns.
Now available with Yukon Grizzly and Zip Lockers!
Application Notes: High Pinion units should only be used in front axle applications. Use in the rear axle will lead to ring and pinion failure.Spool lockers should only be used in rear applications. Spools will be harder on axles then a selectable or automatic locker.
RING AND PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring and pinion failure.
- After installation, drive litghtly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
- All new parts, no used housings or internal parts
- V6 units feature larger OEM style V6 gear sets with longer pinion gear
- For Toyota 8″ solid axles only. Will not fit 7.5″ IFS front axles
- 1979-1995 Toyota Pickup
- 1986-1995 Toyota Pickup (Rear axle only)
- 1984-1985 Toyota 4Runner
- 1986-1995 Toyota 4Runner (Rear axle only)
Note: Fully built 3rd members will not fit stock Tacoma or T100 axles. Will not fit 7.5″ IFS front axles.