Trail-Creeper™ 29-Spline Ring & Pinion Gears with 29-Spline Flange Kit
This is the easiest and most affordable way to upgrade your Toyota differential with stronger 29-spline Ring & Pinion gears. Includes your choice of Trail Creeper™ 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears along with our 29-Spline Quadruple-Drilled Differential Flange with dust shield, 29-spline Trail-Safe™ Pinion Seal, and 29-spline pinion nut.
On Toyota trucks we recommend 4.88’s for 33″ tires and 5.29 for 35″ and larger.
Fits 79-85 4WD Toyota axle 8″ ring gear, and most 86-95 rear axles only.
Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing.
RING & PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or overheating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring & pinion failure.
- After installation drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
- Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance.
- 29-Spline pinion spline is 7% larger in diameter than the 27-spline for increased strength.
- Includes forged chromoly 29-spline Quadruple-drilled flange with dust shield, 29-spline Trail-Safe™
- Pinion Seal, and 29-spline pinion nut.
- Flange is Quadruple drilled with the most popular Pickup/4Runner & Tacoma Patterns:
- 66mm x 66mm x 11mm (Tacoma)
- 60mm x 60mm x 10mm (Pickup/4Runner and TG Heavy Duty Driveline)
- 60mm x 68.3mm x 10mm
- 61.5mm x 70mm x 10mm
- Dust shield pre-installed onto flange.
- Available in 4.88 & 5.29 ratios for both 4-cyl & V6 applications.
- Requires Ring & Pinion Setup kit to complete the installation into your existing differential housing.
- 1979-1995 Toyota Pickup
- 1985-1996 Toyota 4Runner