Trail-Creeper™ 29-Spline Ring & Pinion Gears Kit
Looking for a Toyota Ring & Pinion that is even stronger than our Trail-Creeper Ring & Pinion gears? Trail-Gear is proud to introduce Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears. The 29-spline section on the pinion shaft is 7% bigger in diameter than the standard 27-spline pinion shaft, resulting in fewer broken pinion shafts.
Our Trail-Creeper Ring & Pinion gears are made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance. The gear teeth are cut using Gleason CNC hobbing machines & cutters. Gleason gear-cutting technology produces an unprecedented level of accuracy and surface finish, which allows the gears to transmit more torque and improve fuel efficiency. The higher accuracy and surface finish also produces a quieter-running gear set, which means they’ll work great on the daily driver too.
If you’re looking for a Gear Set that’s easy on the wallet, but can handle whatever you throw at it, look no further, because Trail-Creeper 29-Spline Ring & Pinion gears are only available from Trail-Gear.
On Toyota trucks we recommend 4.88’s for 33″ tires and 5.29 for 35″ and larger.
Fits 79-85 4WD Toyota axle 8″ ring gear, and most 86-95 rear axles only.
Note: Requires 29-spline pinion flange, 29-spline pinion seal, & 29-spline pinion nut (sold separately).
RING & PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or overheating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring & pinion failure.
- After installation drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.
- Made from tool-grade 8620 steel and heat-treated for maximum strength and wear resistance.
- 29-Spline pinion spline is 7% larger in diameter than the 27-spline for increased strength.
- Requires 29-spline pinion flange, 29-spline pinion seal, & 29-spline pinion nut (sold separately).
- Available in 4.88 & 5.29 ratios for both 4-cyl & V6 applications.
- 1979-1995 Toyota Pickup (Requires 29-spline diff flange, nut, & seal)
- 1985-1996 Toyota 4Runner (Requires 29-spline diff flange, nut, & seal)