Fits 79-85 4WD Toyota axle 8′ ring gear, and most 86-95 rear axles only.
- Ring & Pinion Set, 8′ 4cyl 4.88
- Ring & Pinion Set, 8′ 4cyl 5.29
- Ring & Pinion Set, 8′ V6 4.88
- Ring & Pinion Set, 8′ V6 5.29
- Ring & Pinion Set, 8′ High Pinion 4.88
- Ring & Pinion Set, 8′ High Pinion 5.29
RING & PINION BREAK-IN PROCEDURE
All new 3rd members require a break-in period to prevent damage from overheating. Any overloading or over-heating during this periods can cause the gear oil to break down resulting in ring & pinion failure.
- After installation drive lightly for 20-30 minutes and then allow the diff to cool for at least two hours.
- Avoid heavy throttle use during the first 500 miles.
- Do not tow a trailer during the first 500 miles.
- Change oil after 500 miles to remove any particles suspended in the oil.
This may seem unnecessary but it is very easy to damage the differential by loading it before the gear set is completely run in. New ring & pinion gears create excess heat when they are new. This excess heat can damage the heat treatment of the gears.