Rock Assault™ Double-Ended Ram, 2.5″ Bore x 1.375″ Rod
This is the ram you have been looking for if you are building a rig for off-road racing or rock crawling competitions and need extra steering force for the largest tires. Our Rock Assault™ Double-Ended Ram has a one-piece 1-3/8” [35mm] diameter 4340 chromoly steel rod that is more resistant to bending under heavy steering loads. We also increased the bore size to 2-1/2” [64mm] to give you 5,649 lbs. of force at 1650 psi – 15% more force than our standard Rock Assault™ Double-Ended Ram.
Of course, we kept all the features that made our standard Rock Assault™ Double-Ended Ram so reliable. We still have dual rod seals on each end to prevent fluid leakage under heavy loads, and polyurethane wiper seals on each end protect the seals from dirt and debris. Dual piston wear bands and rod bushings on each end allow the ram to absorb much higher side loads than other double-ended rams. The triple-lip piston seal prevents fluid bypass and gives you consistent steering with no drift. The cylinder has a black zinc-plated finish to prevent corrosion, and the #6 JIC steering ports will work with all standard #6 JIC fittings. The rod has 3/4”-16 female threads on each end.
Available in your choice of 8” [203mm], 8-3/4” [222mm], or 10” [254mm] stroke.
Note: If you are using our Rock Assault™ 9 Front Axle Housing, you will need to use a 10″ ram for your steering setup.
- Designed for off-road racing and rock crawling competitions
- Larger 1-3/8” [35mm] diameter 4340 chromoly steel rod is more resistant to bending under heavy steering loads
- One-piece rod is chrome-plated and polished with ¾-16 female threads on each end
- Larger 2-1/2” [64mm] piston provides 5,649 lbs. of force at 1650 psi – 15% more force than our standard Rock Assault double-ended ram
- Triple-Lip Piston Seal for consistent steering with no drift or fluid bypass
- Dual rod seals on each end of the ram
- Dual piston wear bands and rod bushings on each end allows the ram to absorb much higher side loads
- Polyurethane wiper seal on each end keeps dirt and debris from damaging the rod seals
- Cylinder has a black zinc-plated finish
- #6 Male JIC connectors
- Available in strokes of 8” [203mm], 8-3/4” [222mm], and 10” [254mm]
- Non-vehicle specific