DIY Alignment Toe Set Tool Kit
Going off road means things are going to get bent, loosened up, and need repair. It would get expensive fast if you had to take your truck in for alignment every time you worked on the front end.
While camber and caster can be adjusted on most vehicles, there is not much adjustment for camber on solid axle trucks. While caster can be adjusted either with control arms on 4- and 3-link trucks or with leaf spring shims on leaf spring trucks, toe is sometimes hard to adjust without help or a special tool.
For all of these reasons, there is the DIY Alignment Toe Set Tool. To use, just follow these simple steps:
- Put your vehicle on jack stands
- Remove the wheel
- Bolt the tool to your hub
- Align the tool side to side at the same level
- Apply brakes
- Use tape measure to check toe in and toe out as well as total toe
- To find camber, rotate the tool up and attach a magnetic angle finder
Works great and saves you money!
Most vehicles are approximately 1/8-1/4″ total toe in. We like to run about 1/8″ toe in to avoid tire wear since incorrect toe is the major cause of tire wear on any vehicle.
- 5 on 4.5 (Jeep Wrangler YJ/TJ, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Patriot, Liberty)
- 6 on 4.5 (Dodge Ram & Nissan Xterra, Frontier, Pathfinder)
- 5 on 5.0 (Jeep Wrangler JK)
- 5 on 5.5 (Suzuki Samurai & Jeep Wrangler CJ)
- 6 on 5.5 (Most Toyota 4x4s)
- 8 on 6.5 (for larger pickups)
- Kit includes (2) toe alignment plates
- Laser cut and zinc plated for corrosion resistance
- Center Hole Diameter: 4.5″
- Lug Hole Diameter: 0.5″ (can be drilled larger for larger lugs)